Custody concerns are often the most charged issues during a divorce. These disputes account for large amount of the stress associated with family law matters, and for good reason. For most of us, our children are what's most important. Unfortunately, child custody and the realization that your children will have to split time between both parents is a byproduct of a divorce. In most cases, child custody will be settled by an agreement. Without an agreement, the judge will have to decide custody by determining the "best interests" of the child.

As things change and your children grow, oftentimes, the child custody arrangement needs modification. And, sometimes change is necessary because one parent is not acting in the best interest of the children. Perhaps your former spouse is abusing alcohol or drugs around your children. In that case, it might be time to petition the court to modify the child custody order.

No matter the circumstances, child custody issues require experienced and trusted representation to protect what is most important — your children. I am attorney Eric Larsen, and for years I have provided just such representation to my clients in Franklin and the surrounding counties. When it comes to questions of custody disputes or support issues, I am on your side and ready to work so that your kids can have a stable home environment.

Answering The Questions Surrounding Child Support Issues

Child support is required in almost all child custody cases. The state of Tennessee has a specific formula to determine a child support obligation. While this is meant to provide some uniformity to how child support is calculated, it still can be complicated. There are many factors that determine a child support obligation.

Once an order is established, the obligation to pay is a legal requirement. That means that if you fail to pay, you could end up in jail. If you are owed child support and it is not being paid, you have a right to have the court review the situation and ask that the court take action against the parent who owes. Whatever the situation, our firm can help make sure the law is being followed and your child is provided for.

Reach Out To Us Today

Call 615-656-8179 or use the contact form to schedule a confidential consultation with an experienced child custody and support lawyer.